I take birthday wishes very seriously. Every year, since I was a child, I would spend so much time racking my brain trying to figure out what I should spend my precious wish on when I blew out my candles. In my younger years I wished for a horse, then for my whole family to be together for the holidays, then career advancements, a happy relationship, etc, etc. Every year I have thrown my wishes out into the universe, practically thrusting them down the throat of fate, concentrating so hard so they just HAVE to come true. This year, as my family sang me "happy birthday" with a cheesecake in front of me flickering with 25 candles, I realized I hadn't thought of a wish. I racked my brain frantically as my family started insisting I needed to blow out my candles already. And then it hit me. I had absolutely nothing to wish for.
This year has been the best year of my life, and I couldn't imagine anything that would make it better.
Here are my 2017 milestones:
- As many of you know, at the beginning of 2017 I started doing my photography business full time. I quit my other jobs, and jumped in head first. I can not put into words how important this step was for me in crafting my life and creating my ultimate happiness. Being able to do my passion as a career, starting at such a young age, makes my heart explode.
- On June 24th, I married the man of my dreams. Keenan and I started dating in high school, and we've been exploring this world togther, hand in hand, for 8 years now. We spent a year planning our dream wedding, and we tied the knot this year. The day was utter perfection, one I wish I could replay over and over again.
- 4 hours after our wedding, we jumped on a plane and flew to our honeymoon destination, Ireland! Ireland has always been on the top of my travel list, and Keenan and I really wanted an adventurous honeymoon. The trip was beyond amazing. We did so much, and I honestly never wanted to leave. I still believe Ireland is where I'm meant to live.
- We thought me starting my business, us getting married, and a dream honeymoon excursion was enough change for the year. We didn't plan for any more big changes in 2017. And then we happened upon the cutest little apartment, not to far from Keenan's work, and in an area I could expand my business but still work with past clients. So we packed up and moved! It was very spur of the moment, and so worth it. We love our new little home, and it has made us so happy.
- Now, at this point we REALLY didn't think our year could get any better. Then 2 weeks before the end of the year, my amazing husband received a job offer in a career field he is utterly infatuated with. Now we both have jobs in career fields we love. Something I only ever could dream of happening in the past.
I remember the days I wished for the things I have now.
This year has been the best year of my life. And a huge part of that was all of you who have helped by supporting my business, sending good vibes our way, and being positive influences in our lives. Thank you all so much for that. I hope 2017 was as good to you as it was to me. Happy New Year!